Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Year in Review

MATH

This year I finished Pre-calculus and Calculus BC and today I got my AP score (a 5!!! Hooray!!!)

SOCIAL STUDIES

I took a U.S. History Class up to 1877 which was interesting from BYU Independent Study this year and got an A-.
But even more fun was going to historic places like Plymouth and D.C. where I got to see The Libray of Congress and the Lincoln Memorial and all the different historical sites.

I also was assigned to speak in Church and I got to speak about genealogy and family history which is something I have done a lot of this year.
I traced my family line back to many famous people and then back to Adam.

As scouts we did backpacking and overnight camping in freezing weather in Ipswich, but it was a fun adventure.

LANGUAGE

This year I read the Chosen which I liked reading about the Jewish faith and how it affected the lives of two teenage boys.
I also read the New Rangers Apprentice Series, The Five Kingdoms Book 4 and DragonWatch.
Along with my AP studies I got to read some fun books about Math and Physics history which made me think maybe I could discover something like these famous scientists and mathematicians some day.

As a family we studied classics which my sister posted on her blog and I studied Bulgarian language and writing with my grandpa and I finished the New Testament.

SCIENCE

I started tutoring my brother in Chemistry this year and plan to continue next year.
I also studied how to make cheese from goat milk and it turned out pretty good.
I helped my grandpa build a new chicken coop and I studied AP physics C Mechanics for college Credit.

I got a 4 on that exam.

ART

This year I made a couple of 3D animations and even won an award in an online art contest for one of them.

My drawings this year were mostly portraits and religious subjects like Jesus and the apostles and the Nativity.
As a family we became members of the MFA and I got to visit there and study Monet and later we went to the Isabella Stewart Garnder museum and I learned about the stolen Rembrandt paintings.
We read chasing Vermeer after that which was also about an art heist.

MUSIC

I've done a lot of self teaching on the piano and learned like 20 new hymns plus I just recently started composing music now that I understand the chords and the way music fits together.
I play the piano in church a lot and sing while I play.

EXERCISE

This year I played 8th grade soccer with Newburyport, but next year I will be joining the Triton HS team.
I also got me US Referee certification and officiated a lot of games here in Essex County

COLLEGE PROGRESS

As of now I am entering 9th grade and I have 30 college credit hours from AP classes and Independent study.
I hope to take at least 4 more AP courses and to finish my general education requirements by the time I am 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment