Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Academic Work 2018-2019

  • For social science this year I took two AP courses:  Macroeconomics and Microeconomics and studied a lot of economic theory and history as well. I received a score of 5 on both exams.

  • I spent a good deal of time studying for the SAT as well this year. In the end I got a perfect score on the math section and only missed 30 points on the English and reading for a total of 1570.

  • I ran High School cross country and I ran while refereeing for the town games both of which were a lot of fun.

  • For English I read a number of classics including:
    • Paradigm Shift
    • The Abolition of Man
    • Bambi
    • Steelheart
    • Euclid's Elements
    • A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
    • The Sword in the Stone
    • The Tempest
    • The 5 S's of Money
    • Emma
    • Anthem
    • The 5,000 Year Leap
    • The Present Crisis'
    • Alas Babylon
  • For Math along with SAT review, I began studying Multi-variable Calculus and got about half way through an Online course which I plan to continue this fall. 

  • For Chemistry I did some lab work with Mr. Mcbee, making dye sensitized solar cells and I began studying Organic Chemistry on my own. This summer I am interning at MIT in the chemical engineering lab making synthetic cells.

  • I Traveled with my family to Spain and England. I especially loved walking among the old buildings of Oxford and all the history there. I also went to BYU with my father to sit in on some labs and lectures and to meet the faculty in the chemical engineering department there. This fall I plan on beginning my college applications for 2020.




1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an incredible year of learning. Very impressive list of academic work. Thank you for continuing to keep us informed of your learning.

    ReplyDelete